Welcome to the 2011 edition of Horizons, the 39th annual business and industrial review and forecast of Newfoundland and Labrador. Horizons is a joint project of sixteen newspapers:
- The Telegram (St. John’s);
- The Western Star (Corner Brook);
- The Compass (Carbonear);
- The Charter (Placentia);
- The Packet (Clarenville);
- The Southern Gazette (Marystown);
- The Beacon (Gander);
- The Pilot (Lewsiporte);
- The Advertiser (Grand Falls–Windsor);
- The nor’wester (Springdale);
- The Coaster (Harbour Breton);
- The Gulf News (Port aux Basques);
- The Georgian (Stephenville);
- Northern Pen (St. Anthony);
- The Aurora (Labrador City, Wabush); and
- The Labradorian (Happy Valley–GooseBay).
It is published every March. For 2011, the first edition was available in The Telegram and The Western Star on Saturday, March 19 and in the weekly newspapers the week of March 21. Edition two was available in The Telegram and The Western Star on Saturday, March 26 and in the weekly newspapers the week of March 28.
The content of both editions have been uploaded to this website. We hope you take time to read about the wonderful economic developments taking place in our province. It is a great time to be living in Newfoundland and Labrador and we have much to be proud of. You can also view the many advertisements and business profiles that highlight local businesses.
We welcome your feedback.